My family loves these light and fluffy pancakes exactly the way this cookbook shows: with a little dab of almond butter and sliced bananas.
|1||flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water)|
|1½||cups||unsweetened soy or almond milk|
- Make the flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water and letting it sit for 10 minutes. The consistency should resemble that of an egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, white flour, baking powder, salt) and mix well. When the dry ingredients are well-incorporated, add the liquid ingredients (agave nectar, flax egg, water, and milk). Stir the ingredients gently and no more than necessary, just enough to combine. This is done in order to prevent the baking powder from becoming active and resulting in a very thin pancake
- Pour ½ cup rounds of the batter onto a heated griddle or pan over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes. When the edges start to bubble, flip the pancakes over and cook until the other side is golden-brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit, jam, or real maple syrup.
- Note: While mixing the batter, more water may be necessary to reach the desired consistency.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Serving Size: 6 pancakes