This is the tofu recipe I grew up with. Add a dash of low sodium soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos for a delicious umami flavor.
|1||block||firm tofu, patted dry and sliced into ½" slabs|
|½||tablespoon||extra virgin olive oil|
- Cut tofu into slabs that are about 1/2" thick
- Soak tofu in hot, salted water for 15 minutes (optional)
- Pat tofu dry with a clean paper towel or dish towel
- Skim the bottom of a pan with olive oil and pan fry the tofu on each side until it's golden brown.
- Tip: Don't overcrowd the pan for even cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Serving Size: 10-15 pieces