These little round scones are a softer and chewier adaptation of oatcakes, a traditional Scottish hard crackers or biscuits that are served with jam, dip or on their own.
|1||cup||unsalted, mixed nuts|
|¼||cup||agave nectar, warmed|
|¼||cup||dried cranberries (or raisins), chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the flour and nuts into a food processor or blender and blend until it reaches a flour-like consistency. Be careful not to blend too much, otherwise it’ll turn into nut butter. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients until the mixture sticks together (you may need to add a tablespoon or so of water).
- Divide into 9 balls and place on an oiled baking sheet. Press down gently on each ball until they’re about 2 inches wide.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then flip the cakes using a spatula and bake for an additional 6 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes Serving Size: 8-10