Crispy-crunchy and a perfect accompaniment to any sit-down breakfast. If you don’t have the time to peel and shred potatoes, get a bag of frozen, pre-shredded hash browns at your local market and skip the first couple steps.
- 1 pound russet potatoes (about 4 potatoes), peeled and shredded
- ¼ white onion (½ cup), diced finely
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon McKay’s Chicken Style Instant Broth and Seasoning (or other chicken-like seasoning)
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Peel the potatoes and use a mandolin to shred them.
- Add the cashews, water, McKay’s seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the mixture with the diced onions and shredded potatoes and mix.
- Place everything on a nonstick cookie sheet and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Ready in about 30-45 minutes
Makes 5-6 servings