Eating healthy can be easy and fast with this recipe! Enjoy it as a salad or make it fancy as a stuffing for bell peppers.
|1||cup||low-sodium vegetable broth|
|1||cup||garbanzo beans, cooked or canned|
|1||packed cup||baby spinach leaves, chopped|
|¼||cup||extra-virgin olive oil|
|4||medium||bell peppers (optional)|
- Combine vegetable broth and cumin in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add couscous. Cover with lid until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove lid and allow to cool.
- Rinse garbanzo beans in cold water.
- In a medium sized bowl add garbanzo beans, raisins, spinach, and couscous. Mix. Add oil and mix well. Season with salt to taste. Serve as a salad, or follow additional steps.
- Optional: Preheat oven to 350°F. Take four medium bell peppers (any color) and evenly slice the top off. Remove all seeds inside. If the bell pepper cannot stand upright, gently slice the bottom evenly, being careful not to create any holes that the stuffing could fall through.
- Stuff with filling and place in a 9x9 baking dish. Add about ½ inch of water to the bottom of the dish. Cook until stuffing is warm and bell pepper is softened (about 25-30 minutes).