Who needs ground beef when you have sweet potatoes? Spiced with cumin and cayenne, these tacos taste out of this world and are a breeze to make.
- 10 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, diced in 1" cubes
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Spray the slow cooker crock with olive oil or nonstick spray. Put beans, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, lime juice, ground cumin, ground coriander, and minced garlic in the cooker.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours, or until sweet potatoes are softened to your liking. Season the filling to taste with salt.
- Assemble the tacos: Put a generous amount of filling inside a warmed tortilla. Top with avocado, salsa, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Ready in about 3 hours
Makes 10 servings