This recipe is a great filling for sandwich or a taco shell. You could even use as a dip with some corn chips.
|2||ribs||celery, chopped fine|
|1||teaspoon||salt (for the filling)|
|½||teaspoon||salt (for the cashew mayo)|
|2||tablespoons||lemon juice, fresh squeezed|
- Using a food processor and the ‘S’ blade, pulse the chickpeas until you have a chunky texture. (Do not over process, otherwise you will have a humus texture.) Place chickpeas in a separate bowl.
- Next, using a high-speed blender, add the raw cashews, water, ½ teaspoon of salt, lemon juice, and onion powder to the blender.
- Blend on high until you achieve a creamy texture. Pour over chickpeas.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until everything is coated with the cashew mayo.
- Serve over your favorite bread or add to lettuce cups. You can also use this filling as a dip.