This is a simple hummus that you can use on sandwiches or as a dip. We will be using a freshly roasted head of garlic to give it a rich delicious flavor.
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Cut the top off the bulb of garlic about ½ down. This should cut through and expose the individual cloves.
- Wrap the bulb in aluminum foil and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- After allowing the bulb to cool, squeeze the roasted cloves out of the bulb and into the food processor.
- Add the other ingredients (except the water) to the food processor and process to desired consistency.
- For a smoother hummus, add water to the hummus and process for another 20-30 seconds.