This is a simple hummus that you can use on sandwiches or as a dip. We will be using a freshly roasted head of garlic to give it a rich delicious flavor.
|2||cups||garbanzo beans (chick peas)|
|¼||cup||lemon juice (fresh squeezed)|
- Cut the top off the bulb of garlic about ½ down. This should cut through and expose the individual cloves.
- Wrap the bulb in aluminum foil and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- After allowing the bulb to cool, squeeze the roasted cloves out of the bulb and into the food processor.
- Add the other ingredients (except the water) to the food processor and process to desired consistency.
- For a smoother hummus, add water to the hummus and process for another 20-30 seconds.