Our take on a delicious Italian classic. Primavera means 'spring' so traditionally, it would contain spring vegetables but we suggest you feel free to use whichever veggies are in your fridge right now.
- 2 cups whole grain pasta, uncooked
- 4 cups or more lightly steamed vegetables (broccoli, onion, button mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, etc.)
- 1 recipe Basic Cream Sauce
- Boil and drain pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the cream sauce and steamed vegetables.
- Steam the vegetables in a small amount of water, salt to taste, and set aside.
- Combine the cream sauce with the cooked pasta and steamed vegetables. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Stir ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg into the cream sauce to give it a more alfredo-like flavor.
- Primavera casserole variation: Place the pasta in a casserole dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake the casserole the oven at 350°F until the breadcrumbs brown, and serve.
Ready in about 15 minutes
Makes 6-8 servings