Crockpots are wonderful. I used to think they were only good for chills and roasts, but roasted veggies? Beautiful revelation.
- 2 bell peppers cut in large wedges
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 small zucchini, cut in thick slices
- ½ cup garlic cloves, whole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh herbs of choice
- Grease crockpot and add all of the vegetables. Season with salt, herbs, and olive oil, then stir to evenly coat.
- Cook high for 3 hours, stirring once every hour or so. The veggies will be a softer texture than oven-roasted veggies, but tend to be sweeter and more flavorful.
- Note: Don't discard the liquid that forms in the pot, use it as a vegetable broth for later cooking!
Ready in about 3 hours
Makes 4 side servings