Thai food traditionally uses peanuts in different sauces. This recipe uses the peanuts in a curry sauce that is creamy and delicious. You can also make it with simple, easy to find ingredients. Enjoy!
|4||cups||brown rice, cooked (see note below instructions)|
|½||cup||yellow bell pepper|
|½||cup||red bell pepper|
|½||cup||cilantro, chopped (optional)|
|2||heaping tablespoons||peanut butter|
|1||tablespoon||Bragg's liquid aminos (or soy sauce)|
|1||tablespoon||curry powder (to taste)|
- Add your peppers, onion, garlic, and carrots to a skillet and dry sauté on medium heat (250-300 degrees). Cover your skillet and let the steam cook the veggies.
- Next, put the tomato sauce, Bragg’s, peanut butter, curry powder, and cilantro into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir your veggies and then add the zucchini and add a little bit of water. Cook covered for about 5 minutes more.
- Add your garbanzo beans and peas to the skillet, then cover everything with the sauce.
- Pour some of your finished curry sauce over rice, garnish with peanuts, and serve.
- Note: This recipe yields a fairly large amount of sauce. Cook the amount of rice you need, then put the extra sauce in the refrigerator for later use. Extra sauce could also be frozen.