This hearty and colorful salad is bursting with fiber and vitamin C.
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon golden flax, ground
- 1½ tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- ½ tablespoon grade B pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can Mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Toss all salad ingredients except Mandarin oranges and almonds in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax and water, whisk, and set aside until thickened.
- Combine flax mixture with all other ingredients.
- Whisk or use food processor to get a smooth consistency.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat. Top with oranges and sliced almonds.
Ready in about 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings