Soy curls are a versatile protein. In this recipe, we create a tangy, sweet barbeque sauce that transforms the curls into a tasty entree good in a sandwich, over rice or in a salad.
|1||(8 oz.) bag||Soy Curls||http://www.butlerfoods.com/soycurls.html|
|1 ½||teaspoons||Bakon Seasoning (smoked torula yeast)||http://www.amazon.com/Bakon-Yeasts-Hickory-Seasoning/dp/B000XQZOXY|
|1 ½||teaspoons||ground chile pepper|
|1||small||onion, finely chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl soak Soy Curls in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare BBQ sauce by blending first 11 ingredients in a food processor. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add onions and 2 tablespoons of water and cook, stirring frequently. When water evaporates and pan begins to brown, add 2 more tablespoons of water scraping the brown from the bottom of the pan. Repeat process until onions are a light brown. Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add sauce mixture and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When Soy Curls are finished soaking, drain out water and mix in BBQ sauce so that all strips are covered with sauce. On a baking sheet, evenly spread out Soy Curls and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Serve over brown rice, over your favorite salad, or as the meat replacement in your sandwich.
Prep Time: Serving Size: