Beans? For breakfast? Yes! Beans are perfect to start your day off with a full stomach, stabilized sugars, and less likelihood to have cravings in between meals.
|3||cups||cooked white beans, or 2 (15 oz.) cans of white beans, drained and rinsed|
|¼||teaspoon||garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced|
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of water.
- When water evaporates and pan starts to brown, add a little more water.
- When onions become translucent, add beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend cashews, water, garlic, cornstarch, and salt until smooth and add to beans and onions. You may mix in diced pimentos if desired.
- Heat for 10 minutes and serve over whole-wheat toast.
- Tip: Even though there are a lot of carbohydrates in this meal, the fiber in the beans helps minimize blood sugar spikes.