Cashews, dates and oats are three of the most ubiquitous ingredients in the vegan pantry. We combine all three in this recipe to make the quintessential vegan waffle.
|2 ½||cups||cold water, divided|
|2-4||Medjool dates, pitted (or 1 tablespoon agave nectar)|
- In a high-speed blender, blend 1 cup of water with the cashews until smooth.
- Then, add the pitted dates, salt, and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Add the rolled oats and the remaining 1 ½ cup of water, and blend until smooth.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes before making the first waffle.
- Lightly spray PAM or olive oil on the surface of a heated waffle iron and then pour in ⅙ of the mixture.
- Bake until the waffle is golden to dark brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Note: due to the ingredients in the batter, each waffle may take a minute or two longer than usual to cook.
- Repeat for all 6 waffles and enjoy with optional toppings.
- Optional toppings: almond butter, fresh berries, sliced bananas, maple syrup
Prep Time: 45 minutes Yield: 6 waffles