Chia seeds are well known for their high content of nutrients, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. With this attractive presentation you can provide a pretty nutritious and healthy dessert on special occasions or whenever you like.
|2||cups||unsweetened coconut milk (not to be confused with coconut cream)|
|1–2||tbsp||agave||honey, maple syrup, or stevia|
|1||cup||fresh strawberries||frozen strawberries|
|1 ½||cups||chia seeds|
|TOFU CREAM (OPTIONAL):|
|1||package||silken tofu (try the Mori-Nu brand)|
|natural sweetener such as honey or agave nectar|
- Stir the honey to the coconut milk and combine well.
- Add ½ cup of chia seeds slowly to prevent lumps from forming.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pineapple juice with ½ cup of chia seeds in the same manner.
- In a blender, blend the apple juice with strawberries.
- Pour the apple-strawberry juice into a bowl and mix it with the final ½ cup of chia seeds.
- Place the three containers in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- When serving, put a layer of each color in a dessert cup. Optionally, you can decorate with tofu cream and mint leaves.
- TOFU CREAM (OPTIONAL): Put all the ingredients in the blender until well mixed. Refrigerate immediately.
Prep Time: 2 hours Serving Size: 1 cup (4–6 servings)