Think of the lettuce as a container for tasty ingredients! Enjoy this Asian inspired treat.
|1||cup||dry lentils, sorted and rinsed|
|2||teaspoons||chipotle chili powder|
|½||teaspoon||Sriracha or hot sauce of choice (to taste)|
|4-8||Romaine lettuce leaves|
- In a medium pot, cover lentils with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until lentils are soft, approximately 30-45 minutes. Drain but reserve the cooking water.
- In large skillet over med-high heat, sauté onion with 2 tablespoons water & cook until translucent. When water evaporates and pan starts to brown, add in 2 more tablespoons of water. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Stir in oregano, chipotle powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. Toast for 30 seconds, until lightly fragrant.
- Lower heat to medium and add cooked lentils with a little reserved cooking water.
- Stir in tomato paste and Sriracha (or you choice of hot sauce). Cook for 5 minutes to get the flavors to meld, adding any additional reserved cooking water as necessary.
- Add ¼ cup of filling into a lettuce leaf and top with sliced avocado and any additional veggies.