Wow your guests (and kids) with this stunning hummus. Full of low-glycemic flavor, this dip works great as a sandwich spread on bread or pita.
|1||15 oz can||chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|1||large garlic clove|
|¼||teaspoon||salt, or to taste|
- Scrub and wash the beet and cut off ends.
- Wrap the beet in foil and roast at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender (you can tuck it in as you bake other stuff).
- Cool, peel and slice into chunks.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (salt, lemon juice, cumin) as you need to.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days before serving.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, tortilla chips, or whole-wheat pita.