Normally, brownies would be out of the question. But with the secret ingredient (black beans), this guilty pleasure becomes a low-glycemic treat.
|1||cup||low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed|
|2||tablespoons||smooth peanut butter|
|⅓||cup||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|½ cup + 1½||tablespoons||whole wheat flour|
|½||cup||vegan dark chocolate chips|
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Blend black beans, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Fold in the chocolate chips without over-mixing.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon portions of batter in each tin slot. Then with slightly moistened fingertips, press the tops to flatten.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, cool, and serve.
- Remember to enjoy just one portion!
Prep Time: 25 minutes Serving Size: 36 servings