My family loves these light and fluffy pancakes exactly the way this cookbook shows: with a little dab of almond butter and sliced bananas.
|2||cups||soy or nut milk|
|2||dates or 1 tablespoon||honey (optional)|
|1¾ cups||Bob’s Red Mill 7 Grain Pancake and Waffle Mix* or 2 cups for more firm pancakes.|
|* You can also substitute the following for Bob’s Red Mill Pancake Mix: 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal, plus 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder, plus 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 cup whole grains such as buckwheat, barley, spelt, bulgur, kamut, rye, quinoa, or whole wheat. Whole grains can be dry-blended into a flour or wet-blended with milk before tofu is added.|
- Blend milk, tofu, vanilla, and optional ingredients in blender.
- Pour mix over the 1¾ cups of Bob’s Red Mill Mix
- Stir with wire whisk until large lumps are gone then let stand 2 minutes to thicken.
- Pour ¼ cup batter on to sprayed frying pan on medium-high burner.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden-brown.
- Instead of going for the maple syrup and butter, try healthier options like almond butter, applesauce, chopped fruit, and granola.
Prep Time: 25 minutes Yield: 14 servings