Research has shown that simply the act of eating legumes like garbanzo beans will lower the A1c score of Type 2 diabetics. This is a delicious, spicy way to get yours.
- 1 (16 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Put garbanzos in a bowl, add the oil and the spices, and mix carefully without breaking the garbanzos, but making sure they're all evenly coated.
- Spread beans evenly on a cookie sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes, shaking occasionally to make sure they get roasted evenly. Bring them out when they are crispy.
Ready in about 22 minutes
Makes 2 servings