Beans provide protein, amino acids, and fiber. They’re a secret weapon for blood sugar control. This recipe is an easy and tasty way to eat your beans.
Life and Health tip: The salad will taste even better the next day. Store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
|1||(15 oz.) can||green beans, drained and rinsed|
|1||(15 oz.) can||chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|1||(15 oz.) can||kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
|1||jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (optional)|
|⅓||cup||packed fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|3||green onions, finely chopped|
|⅓||cup||fresh lemon juice|
|1||tablespoon||extra virgin olive oil|
|⅛ - ¼||teaspoon||salt|
- Place beans and vegetables in a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Adjust to taste if needed.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Season with salt and adjust dressing to taste.