Beans provide protein, amino acids, and fiber. They’re a secret weapon for blood sugar control. This recipe is an easy and tasty way to eat your beans.
Life and Health tip: The salad will taste even better the next day. Store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- 1 (15 oz.) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- ⅓ cup packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place beans and vegetables in a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Adjust to taste if needed.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Season with salt and adjust dressing to taste.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 5-8 servings