The ever-versatile quinoa gets another twist as a ground beef substitute. Take this protein-packed, low-glycemic food and turn it into a healthy meat for tacos or anywhere else you need ground beef.
|2||cups||water or broth|
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a mesh strainer for 2 minutes. This step is important for getting rid of the bitter flavor of quinoa.
- Add to pot with 2 cups water or broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Transfer quinoa into a saucepan and stir in seasonings.
- Add tomato sauce and let quinoa cook for 5 minutes or until quinoa crisps up to resemble taco meat.
- Freeze taco meat in a ziplock bag and have it on hand for future meals.
Prep Time: 35 minutes Serving Size: 6 servings