This chilled salad is an edamame feast! Edamame are soybeans harvested at the peak of ripening but before hardening. Full of protein, minerals and vitamins, this low-glycemic food is a must for your diabetes-free diet!
- 2 large ears of corn or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, cooked
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced (optional)
- 1 handful of fresh herb of choice (mint, cilantro, basil, dill), roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 pinch salt (or more to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- If using fresh corn, boil or steam ears of corn with water in a medium pot. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Carefully cut kernels off the cob.
- Add all salad ingredients into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Lightly toss to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings