Add tasty eggplant to your diabetes reversal regimen! Eggplant is very low in calories, high in fiber and has been found to be great for naturally managing blood sugar.
Serving tip: If you want to make it a one-dish meal, add in Baked Tofu as your protein.
|2||teaspoons||chili garlic sauce (or to taste)|
|1||teaspoon||red pepper flakes (or to taste)|
|1||large||eggplant, cut in ½ inch cubes|
|Brown rice for serving|
- Whisk the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Saute eggplant in water in a large pot under medium high heat. Cook until eggplant is soft and translucent, about 15-20 minutes. You can add 2 tablespoons more water if the bottom of the pan starts to brown.
- Mix in sauce, reserving about 2 tablespoons for dissolving cornstarch.
- Whisk cornstarch in reserved liquid until there are no more lumps and add to pan.
- Cook 5-10 more minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve over brown rice.