Sure, we miss the feta cheese too, but the garbanzo beans add a delicious texture and protein to this simple salad.
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 hothouse cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced, liquid removed
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a small bowl whisk dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl and toss with salad dressing.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors meld.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings