This is an easy recipe inspired by Egg Foo Young. You can serve the patties plain or add a nut-based Basic Gravy (similar to a real Egg Foo Young). This recipe is perfect for diabetics because it is based on lentils (a legume).
Before preparing this recipe, you will need to soak your lentils for about 6-8 hours. However, if you’re on a time crunch, you can always cook them in boiling water.
|2||cups||red lentils, soaked (1 cup dry)|
|1||tablespoon||sesame seeds, toasted|
|½||teaspoon||Bill’s Best Chik’Nish seasoning (or alternative brand)|
|½||green bell pepper, julienne cut|
|½||red bell pepper, julienne cut|
|10||snow peas, julienne cut|
|1||carrot, julienne cut|
|3||green onions, chopped|
- Put 1 cup of lentils into a bowl and add 2 cups of water. Allow the lentils to soak and soften for 6-8 hours. (If you are pressed for time, you can cook the lentils in boiling water until soft).
- Add the first 7 ingredients (everything but the vegetables) to the blender and blend until very smooth.
- Shred or slice vegetables julienne-style into long, thin 1½ -2” strips.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoonful onto sprayed griddle or skillet, heated to medium-low.
- Cook well to a golden brown color on the bottom before turning and browning other side.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Prep Time: Serving Size: 10 servings