One of the characteristics that people miss most about cheese when they stop using it is its texture when it melts. This version of vegetarian cheese has a texture very similar to melted cheese, and therefore is excellent for use in recipes such as Salvadoran pupusas or any other recipe that requires melted cheese.
|¼||cup||tapioca flour||cassava or cassava starch|
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for a couple of hours to get a more creamy cheese, although it’s not absolutely necessary.
- Blend all ingredients until it’s well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick skillet and cook over medium heat until you get a sticky ball in the center of the pan.
- Stir constantly while cooking to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Use in your favorite recipes for which melted cheese is needed.
Prep Time: 5 minutes (5 minutes cooking) Yield: 1–2 tbsp (16–32 servings)