The original version of this recipe is a meat sauce from Bologna, Italy. It can be used on different types of pasta or lasagna. The vegetarian version can be prepared with soy meat, with the recipe of Ground Quinoa Meat provided in this website, or with any ground beef substitute you want.
|1||recipe||Spicy Quinoa "Taco Meat"||https://lifeandhealth.org/undo-my-disease/diabetes/spicy-quinoa-taco-meat/164742.html||1 ½ cups dried soy meat|
|1||liter||water||vegetable broth (if using dried vegetable meat)|
|1||medium||onion, finely chopped|
|1||red bell pepper, chopped|
|1||celery stalk, cubed|
|1 ½||cups||tomato sauce|
|salt to taste|
- If you use dried soy meat, boil it in water or vegetable broth for 5 minutes or until it hydrates. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, sauté onion, garlic, pepper, carrot and celery with water or vegetable broth over medium heat until ingredients soften.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and vegetarian meat.
- Add salt to taste and paprika if desired.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta. It can also be used as a filling for empanadas or to make a potato cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes (20 minutes cooking) Serving Size: 1 cup (8 servings)