White beans are versatile and tasty. But in a pasta shell? Brilliant!
|15||jumbo pasta shells (preferably whole wheat)|
|3||cups||cooked white beans, drained and rinsed|
|½||cup||unsweetened soy or almond milk|
|1 ¼||tablespoons||lemon juice|
|½||cup||chopped fresh basil|
|4||cups||tomato basil pasta sauce of your favorite kind|
|½||cup||chopped walnuts or pine nuts (optional)|
|1||tablespoon||vegan cheese shreds (optional)|
- Cook pasta shells to al dente according to package instructions. Cool under cold water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor add beans, milk, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon juice. Blend until chunky or smooth depending on desired consistency. Add chopped nuts and basil and pulse a few times.
- Spread half of the pasta sauce at the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Take each shell and fill with 1-2 tablespoons of bean filling. Place in casserole dish.
- Once all shells are filled, drizzle the rest of the pasta sauce over the shells and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover casserole dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Prep Time: 40 minutes Serving Size: 7-8 servings