A sweet potato is sweeter but much lower on the glycemic index than a potato. Try this super tasty variation on a classic side.
|1||large or 2 medium||sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long strips|
|The juice and the||zest of 1 small lemon|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out a single layer of sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn fries. Bake until they are soft and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Heat water and garlic in a pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato fries and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon zest.