For many, the Christmastime means something different. It isn’t just a season where kids get excited about Santa, people celebrate with religion, football and festivities, and merriment feasting. There is meaning to the holiday season.
The holiday season is a time to connect with loved ones and to celebrate the gift of life and the new year draws nearer, and to give hope to those who feel lost. Giving gifts is a way to express love. but you can give gifts in the form of relationships. Sometimes the most memorable impressions are those made from the heart, and not necessarily in a materialistic sense.
What are some ways to show your love without dipping into funds? Keep reading further…
Gifts from the Heart
Studies show that “small acts of kindness, not grand overtures, make people feel most loved and supported.” (1) I can personally agree with that! Another study showed that human interaction was ranked as a more significant expression of love than receiving material presents. People feel loved when they are shown kindness, and when spoken kind words like saying…
- Thank you
- Giving compliments
- Encouraging words
- Humorous words
- Kind, respectful and caring words and support
The Gift of Quality Time
Life is so busy and filled with responsibilities that demand our time. Life is also short and unpredictable. Take a bit of time each day to spend quality time with your loved ones. Most people feel loved when quality time is spent with family and friends, rather than on social media. It could mean visiting a favorite family restaurant, hiking in nature together, or even cooking and baking together.
Maybe your budget is small this season, and you feel the pressure of finding the right or perfect gift. Below is a roundup of DIY gift ideas if you feel inclined to give a memorable and personalized gift! The simplicity and thoughtfulness of these gifts are to please your family and friends!
- Treat someone to a healthy meal
- Package healthy snacks in a jar
- Exercise together
- Create a DIY inspirational quote book
- Create a coupon book of various vouchers; babysitting, massage, cooking, cleaning, dates, etc.
- Homemade calendar
- DIY devotional book
- Photo candles
- Package various recipes in a jar; soups, drink mixes, desserts, and more
- Personalize various items (Photo frames, shirts, mugs, towels, kitchen tools, pillowcases, etc.) with names or descriptive words
- Homemade bath bombs, soaps, and sugar scrubs
- Homemade lotion, lip balm, and face wash
- Homemade holiday festive potpourri
- Wrap pringle cans with wrapping paper and a bow, and add homemade cookies inside
- If you are feeling crafty and know how to sew, you can make a variety of things like scarves, blankets, aprons, and hand warmers.
- Homemade heating pads
- Box of donuts, muffins, cookies, and the like
- Homemade jam or butters
- Tote bags
- Custom notebooks
- DIY coasters
- DIY spa kit in a basket or jar
■ What are some ways that you will show the holiday spirit to your loved ones?